Invention, Innovation & Design on e-Learning (IIDEL) is a competition for academics and students of higher learning institutions to showcase their innovative ideas/product/innovation and compete. These include learning analytics, virtual/augmented reality, e-learning pedagogy/approach, multimedia tools, computer applications, mobile applications, and systems and other related areas.
- To exhibit research, creation and innovation in teaching and learning by higher learning institutions and polytechnic colleges.
- To share expertise and commercial, creative and innovative ideas.
- To cultivate interests and encourage academics/instructors, and students to develop teaching materials in line with current technological developments.
- Gold, silver and bronze medals.
- Certificate of participation and award.
- IIDEL competition is open to all lecturer/ teacher/ staff/ student (Open Category).
- Participation can be done as individuals or in groups.
- Combination of lecturer/ teacher, staff and students are encouraged
- Product or innovation must relate to e-Learning or learning technologies (e.g., video, courseware, website, learning spaces and environment, system and etc.)
- Participants are allowed to submit more than one entry. However, there will be a fee charged for each entry.
- Each entry must submit a completed entry form with an extended abstract and proof of payment via the Registration link.
- The extended abstract should consist of minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1000 words including References and Acknowledgements.
- Please prepare your paper using the template provided below.
- The organizer reserves the right to reject any application for participation that have been sent if there is falsification of information
- Product evaluation or product innovations will be made by experienced judges, selected by the organisers.
- Participants are to exhibit and demonstrate their innovations in front of a panel of judges during the judging session.
- The time allocation for the presentation and question and answer is 10 minutes.
Scoring criteria are based on:
- originality and creativity
- added value to the process of teaching and learning,
- usefulness and practicality,
- evidences (e.g., photos, newspaper article, journal etc.)
- commercial potential/recognition (if any) - Optional
POSTER PRESENTATION DETAILS
- Participant must provide a poster of own product and perform presentation to the juries during the carnival (10 minutes max).
- Poster size: A1 (594 x 841 mm / 23.4 x 33.1 inch) (width x height)
- Content of Poster: description, objectives, value added, usefulness, commercialisation potential and awards
- You may provide additional materials such as brochures, photographs, certificates of appreciation, or other materials to support product innovation and revenue respectively.